Friday, August 8, 2008

How Much Does She Love Me?


This much!

So, this past couple of weeks I asked the advise of a lot of friends. Darrel warned me of a V8, high gas prices, the soon-to-be-released new Camaro and the impending doom of the american automobile. I re-read Barry's 4 part series on buying cars. Talked to a bunch of friends about the hard choice of an older model with a bigger engine or a newer model with a smaller engine. You know, 'cause a $30K new 'stang just isn't in the budget yet... Poured over the numbers to figure out how much it would affect the budget (well, Jennie did anyways, I occasionally peered over the computer screen with my car searches on it). I also had to explain to my wife why you couldn't call my car "pretty".

My car is a 2004 Ford Mustang GT Convertible with a 260hp V8 engine and manual 5-speed transmission. The kicker is that it has 18,000 miles on it. Yes, like every used car I've ever bought it was only driven by a little old man to and from the grocery store (when will they think of something new to say...). The color is perfect. The inside is perfect. It sounds perfect.

No comments: